Thursday, October 25, 2012

Loretta Fontaine Jewelry and Photography at 2012 Holiday Crafts at The Woman's Club of Albany

{Loretta Fontaine}
{Loretta Fontaine Jewelry sterling silver Meredith necklace with Stuyvesant Fern miniature original photograph, freshwater pearls, iolite and topaz}
{"Trees" black and white photography by Loretta Fontaine}

{"Tulip Tree Unfolding" black and white photography by Loretta Fontaine}

{"Climbing" black and white photography by Loretta Fontaine}
Where do you work and what do you do?
Loretta Fontaine: I have a background in architecture and am a writer, photographer and jewelry designer in Delmar, New York - just south of Albany. I learned photography in graduate school - we had a full darkroom in the architecture department. We also had a metal and wood shop - I learned to enjoy working with my hands.

What are you looking forward to at 2012 Holiday Crafts at The Woman's Club of Albany?
Loretta Fontaine: It's a really intimate show set in a beautiful historic building. Great exhibitors, food and proceeds benefit the programs of the Club.

What are you excited to bring to the show?
Loretta Fontaine: I'm thrilled to debut my new book Eco-Happy: Three Steps Towards An Earth-Friendly Life. I've written articles and a monthly column for a magazine in the past - but a book is another story, and I'm curious to see what people think. I went through years of my photography to cull the images for the book, and will have some of the fine art photography used in the book will be available for purchase at the show as well. I hope to get a lot of feedback on this new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear form you! Please leave a comment!